Are you planning on using a Dicamba product on your soybeans this season? To learn more about the label changes for 2019, click here.
Dicamba System Reminder Basics
- Application Timing: One hour after sunrise and two hours before sunset (DO NOT spray during an INVERSION).
- Record Keeping: You MUST fill out applications records within 72 HRS of spraying and keep them for a period of 2 years.
- Sensitive Crops: Do not apply when the wind is blowing towards adjacent sensitive crops.
- Downwind Buffer: Maintain the required label buffer (Minimum 110’ buffer at 22 fl. oz/Ac rate of Xtendimax).
- Wind Speed: Apply when wind speed, measured at boom height, is between 3 and 10 mph (DO NOT spray during an INVERSION).
- Spray Boom Height: Do not exceed a boom height of 24” above the target pest or crop canopy.
- Spray Volume: Apply in a minimum of 15 GPA.
- Ground Speed: Do not exceed 15 mph ground speed.
- Nozzles: Use only approved nozzles within specified pressures (see link below for more information).
- DRA: Always use a DRA (drift reducing adjuvant) when applying Dicamba products (NO AMS).
- Application Window: Apply prior to beginning bloom or no more than 45 days after planting, whichever comes first).
For more information on application requirements and to download the recordkeeping form, tank mix partners and nozzle recommendations click here.
Dicamba Adjuvant Recommendations
Be sure to use a non-AMS water conditioner and a DRA with your Dicamba applications. Check out the following articles to learn more: Solving the Mystery of Dicamba Drift and DRAs Really Do Matter.
Key Cooperative recommends products such as Iconic® Non-AMS water conditioner along with a DRA such as On Target®. You can learn more about these products below.
Contact your local Key Cooperative Agronomist for more information concerning Dicamba System products.