2018 Spring Lubricant SaleValid: Apr 1 - 30, 2018
Don’t miss out on the 2018 spring lubricant sale!
Organized by Nationwide, Grain Bin Safety Week (Feb. 22 – 28, 2015) is an annual observance dedicated to increasing the awareness of grain bin safety on farms and commercial grain-handling facilities. The goal of this event is to educate the agricultural community on safe work practices and procedures to help reduce the number of preventable injuries and deaths associated with grain handling and storage.
• Suffocation from engulfment is the leading cause of death in grain bins.
• Flowing grain acts like quicksand and can bury a worker in seconds.
• Accidents in grain bins often result in multiple deaths because other workers attempt to rescue their co-workers and become trapped or overcome as well.
• In the past 50 years, more than 900 cases of grain engulfment have been reported with a fatality rate of 62%.
• In 2010, at least 26 U.S. workers were killed in grain engulfments − the highest number on record.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now